We just finished another round of basketball camps, and had a great time. We did a camp at a girl's home, and another in a public school. This time, we did all girls camps, which I really enjoyed!! I helped with the defensive station.
I tried to get these girls to settle down for a picture, and this was the best I could get. They were so excited about us being there and getting to learn how to play basketball.
This girl helped with translating at one of the camps.
At the end of each camp, all the girls wanted us to sign their t-shirts and get pictures with them. It was fun to see how encouraged all of the girls were after spending just a few hours teaching them basketball and encouraging them.
These girls were in the finals for "knock out" (I call it gotcha). The winner won a basketball.
And of course, we never go hungry. This plate of cous cous was huge!
We traveled to another city with the team of coaches. It was fun to take in all the sights and smells.
We took a carriage ride, and the driver let Karl have a turn (not really, we just stopped for a picture).
This place came alive at night. People come in and set up restaurants, and the square fills with people. We saw snake charmers, men dressed like women dancing, food everywhere (including lamb brain) and had the best fresh squeezed orange juice for just 35 cents!